Daily Mail Chalke Valley History Festival
For seven days in June, The Daily Mail Chalke Valley History Festival transforms some of the most beautiful countryside in Wiltshire into the largest festival dedicated to History. 2013 was the Festival's third year, featuring a Literary History Festival, Living History through the Ages and a dedicated Schools Programme.
Throughout the week, the Festival played host to many of our most popular, passionate and leading historians, from Max Hastings, Neil Oliver and Dan Snow, and from Horrible Histories through to Boris Johnson, Ian Hislop and Tom Stoppard. Covering a wide variety of subjects from Ancient Rome to the Iron Curtain and with debates, discussions, lectures, seminars and events for all the family, this is Britain's premier History Literary Festival.
eventpahire.co.uk provided a comprehensive production package for the Festival, including;
- Audio Visual solutions for the four Literary Event marquees, including d&b audiotechnik loudspeaker systems and DPA microphones throughout, stage lighting, rear projection systems and Panasonic plasma displays for Powerpoint and Image Magnification.
- An outdoor 100v line PA system, deploying eighteen horns across two fields, all controlled from the site office. Cabling was buried in public areas.
- PA system for the Battle re-enactments field.
- Band PA system for live entertainment within the Bar big top marquee on Friday night
- A buried audio & video link between one of the Event marquees and the Bar big top, to relay Boris Johnson's Saturday evening talk live onto plasma screens, to satisfy overflow demand.
- Event Communications, including temporary WIFI and VoIP telephone services, managed by one of our Service Partners.
- Private Mobile Radio for management, security, etc.
- Temporary power for the site office.
- Technical consultation, support & advice throughout, from the early planning stages through to the end of the Festival.